Friday, March 8, 2013

Game 18. Playoff Game 1.

Playoff Game 1
Romeoville, IL

The Women's Central Hockey League playoffs have begun and I'm stuck in Madison watching the NHL. 

Schneider, one of four goalies I have in my fantasy hockey team

What's the Lightning's #2 fan doing?  As has happened several times this season, I'm missing a game because of work.  Tomorrow, I'm to board a bus to Milwaukee and teach for six hours.  

But I just got a text from Vito:

"Yo!  We won!  I potted one!  How was Lillyhammer?!  It suck?"

(I had told Vito that I was going to stay home, eat spaghetti, drink beer, and watch a Netflix original series.  That Netflix original series is called Lillyhammer, and it stars Steve Van Zandt, the guitarist for the E Street Band.  It didn't suck.)

I texted back.

"It has potential."

A1 rounded out the scoring in a game that was chippy, featured some questionable calls, and not a little bit of pushin' and shovin'.

The Lightning play two more tomorrow.  I'll keep all of y'all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment